Ukrainian startup to host tasting event with vegan chef at ProVeg Incubator HQ
19 January 2023
- Tasting event and Q&A session with plant-based food startup based in Ukraine
- Products include plant-based ribeye steak, filet mignon, shrimps, salmon burgers and calamari
- Vegan chef and blogger Alexander Flohr, otherwise known as “Hier kocht Alex”, will be the guest chef preparing the food on the day
- Thursday 2 February 10.30 to 13.00 CEST at ProVeg Incubator office in Berlin
Ukrainian food startup GreenGo will host a tasting event and Q&A session with a select group of investors, media, chefs, charities and other industry partners at ProVeg Incubator HQ in Berlin on Thursday 2 February.
The startup will be serving samples of its plant-based shrimps, salmon burgers, calamari, and whole cuts including ‘ribeye steak’ and ‘filet mignon’. The event will provide attendees with an exclusive opportunity to talk to the founders and food technologists of the startup and sample the products. GreenGo’s products are not available in restaurants, retail or food service outside the Ukraine yet.
Vegan chef and blogger Alexander Flohr, otherwise known as Hier kocht Alex, will be the guest chef preparing the food on the day. Best known for vegan seafood cuisine, Alex is the author of the cookbook ‘Vegan Ocean’.
The in-person event will run from 10.30 to 13.00 CEST at ProVeg Incubator’s head office in Berlin on Genthiner Straße 48 10785.
Notes to Editors
Members of the media wishing to attend the event can sign up here to attend.
GreenGo is a plant-based food company from Ukraine, developing unique products such as whole-cut «steaks» and fish analogues. The startup was founded in 2021 by Yuriy Kyshnir and Aleksandr Panasiuk. Since the Russian attack on Ukraine on 24 February 2022, Creative Director Bogdana Leonova has acted as the startup’s temporary CEO. While one of the co-founders had to flee the country and now lives in Germany, the Kyiv-based core team of food technologists kept developing new products, like a tofu-based cheese. The startup is currently expanding into the Ukrainian market and preparing to bring their products to other European markets. GreenGo was part of the ninth cohort in the winter of 2022 at the ProVeg Incubator. Alexandr Panasiuk will be at the event together with GreenGo’s CEO and Creative Director Leonova Bogdana and Maria Manturova, Head of Food Technology.
About ProVeg Incubator
- The ProVeg Incubator is the world’s first and leading impact-driven alt-protein startup accelerator. Find out more at www.provegincubator.com
- Applications are open for startups to join. Apply at www.provegincubator.com
- ProVeg Incubator is part of ProVeg International, a leading food awareness organisation working across four continents. Visit www.proveg.com for more information
- The ProVeg Incubator works with investors and strategic partners including Unovis, VegInvest, Veg Capital, Good Seed Ventures, Zintinus, Vegconomist, Beyond Advisers, NX-Food, and Humane Society India.
For more information and interview requests contact:
Contact – Media enquiries
Contact – ProVeg Incubator