Amy Hopkins’s Roast Tomato Soup
October 2, 2018
View this post on Instagram
Day 1 of #SAVeganChallenge —> I made a yummy roast tomato soup for dinner (and lunch, coz meal prep 🙌🏾🙌🏾) 1 October is #WorldVegetarianDay and the month of October is (as @bernardbravenboer Calls it) ‘Vegantober’. 🌱🌱🌱 ___ Join the #SAVeganChallenge this month with @provegza – there are tons of cool events, cooking classes, dinner parties and more happening in #CapeTown #Joburg and #Durban 🇿🇦🇿🇦🇿🇦 Proveg.com ___ I’ll be sharing all kinds of #healthy #vegan #recipes all month long – and #glutenfree too – if you’re interested in learning about #plantbased living and meal ideas. ___ Here’s the #veganrecipe for my soup 🥣 —> Place 10-12 tomatoes in a large roasting tray with 5-6 cloves garlic (unpeeled), 2 chopped red onions, 2 chopped red peppers and season with salt, pepper, paprika, some thyme and oregano and a good drizzle of olive oil. Roast for 1.5hrs at 200 degrees. Once juicy and blistering, remove and blend with 2 cups veg stock and 1/4 cup coconut cream until smooth. Serve with some fresh basil and a little extra coconut cream if desired. 🍅🍅🍅
A post shared by Amy Hoppy (@amy_hoppy) on Oct 1, 2018 at 11:48am PDT
– 10-12 tomatoes
– 5-6 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
– 2 chopped red onions
– 2 chopped red peppers
– salt & pepper to taste
– sprinkling of paprika, thyme, oregano
– a good drizzle of olive oil
– chilli flakes (optional)
– 2 cups veg stock
– 1/4 cup coconut cream
– Preheat the oven at 200ºC.
– Place the tomatoes in a large roasting tray with the garlic, onions, peppers and chilli flakes (if you like a little bite).
– Season with salt, pepper, paprika, some thyme and oregano and a good drizzle of olive oil.
– Roast for 1.5hrs.
– Once juicy and blistering, remove and blend with the veg stock and coconut cream until smooth.
– Serve with fresh basil, a drizzle of olive oil and a little more coconut cream if desired.
Let us know if you try this recipe, and don’t forget to share the pics online with the hashtag #SAVeganChallenge!