Mira’s Vegan Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
December 20, 2021
Looking for a foolproof vegan chocolate cake recipe? Try this mouth-watering vegan dark chocolate cake with dragon fruit icing by Mira Weiner, South African entrepreneur, food consultant and plant-based advocate.
Mira Weiner is an entrepreneur, food consultant and plant-based advocate. Mira is passionate about conscious living, plant-based nourishment and holistic healing. She’s a networker, creative cook and country pumpkin who hopes to inspire people to eat more plants which is better for the planet, animals and our bodies. She’s used a combo of plant-based nourishment and holistic therapies to kick start her healing journey with adrenal fatigue, burn out and anxiety. Mira is an original creative and loves recreating beautiful replacements for some of her favourite dishes that heal instead of hurt. You can connect with Mira on her website at www.miraweiner.com or on her Instagram @miraweiner.
DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH DRAGON FRUIT ICING
Makes: 1 cake
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups almond flour, without skins
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 cups cacao powder
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 1.5 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup MannaBrew Mesquite Superfood Espresso (can sub with coffee)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 chia or flax ‘eggs’ (1 tbsp ground chia or 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds to 3 tbsp water = 1 chia/flax egg)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar with ‘the Mother’
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Dragon fruit icing ingredients
- 1 cup chopped purple dragon fruit
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-1.5 cups thick full-fat coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar and salt together. Add the baking soda to the bowl and directly on top of the apple cider vinegar so that it foams.
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, coconut oil, chia or flax eggs and Mesquite Superfood Espresso Coffee together. Blend until smooth. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Oil a bundt tin with coconut oil and pour the mixture in. Bake at 170°C for 45 minutes. Test to see that the cake is cooked through with a metal skewer or thin knife. I love this cake with a bit of a crispy edge and soft inside. Allow to cool and then gently turn the cake out of the tin.
- To make the dragon fruit icing, simply add the dragon fruit and lime juice to a small pot and gently simmer on low heat. The fruit will cook down and once it becomes a jam-like consistency, remove from heat. Allow to cool and then blend the mixture until smooth. In a bowl, mix the dragon fruit sauce and coconut yoghurt together. Taste the mixture and add more coconut yoghurt if needed. The cake is sweet so the icing should add a light and fresh flavour.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the mixture thickens. Once thick, remove it from the fridge and mix well. Drizzle over the cake and enjoy!
I hope these recipes inspire you to eat more plants and to spread love, compassion and kindness ☺
Entrepreneur, food consultant and plant based advocate, South Africa